ART DIRECTOR - GAMES AND CROSS MEDIA
Gallium Studios is a small independent studio of industry veterans started by Will Wright. We develop fun, quirky games in the simulation and strategy genre with rich artistic content and a player-first perspective.
This is a remote work position. The studio is in Berkeley, CA so the ideal candidate would be located in the Pacific or Mountain time zones. The candidate also needs to have access to high-speed internet and be able to coordinate via video conferences with team members.
- Strong aesthetic sense for graphic design.
- Experience creating UI elements and ability to integrate work into game engines like Unity or Unreal.
- Experience in creating App wireframes.
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly with setting up organized Adobe XD wireframing.
- Proven track record as a UI designer.
- Implementing user interfaces and integrating them into game engines.
- Creating menu / application wireframes
- Graphic design of UI elements, development of fictional brands and logos, and ability to help produce marketing materials.
- Work closely with our team of game designers, artists, and programmers.
- Current - you stay up to date on what’s going on in the market, playing around with the latest games and apps to find inspiration for your own designs.
- A passion for simulation games.
Teamwork and other Qualifications:
- Effective working autonomously, we want you to feel comfortable using your time wisely and following through on your commitments
- Strong analytical skills that aid in understanding and articulating what makes games great
- Solid team player. We are looking for people who are excited to be part of a small, tight-knit team focused on delivering awesome experiences to players
- A passion and love for games
- Availability in Pacific Standard Time for core hours of the team
Nice to haves:
- Visual Design skills
- Technical Implementation skills
- Experience in a small startup environment.
- Experience in cross-platform design and development